Compensation: $48,520.00 - $81,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
The Standard, East Village is looking for an ambitious, hard-working, and passionate Sous Chef to join our culinary team! Candidates should have solid skills, sharp knives, a highly-developed sense of urgency, and be able to work well under pressure, all while managing and overseeing a large kitchen team - strong administrative skills are a definite plus!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong team mentality, solid skills, sharp knives and a highly-developed sense of urgency
- Be passionate about food - it should show in your dishes!
- Work well under pressure
- Have a working knowledge of kitchen management, inventory management, staff scheduling and food/labor
- Have knowledge of NYC DOH Food Safety standards and expectations
- Be punctual, focused, dedicated & reliable, willing to work a flexible schedule
- Be well versed in restaurant operations, food handling and safety
- Be communicative, proactive & a team player at all times
- Be empathetic, and able to motivate staff in a positive way
- Fine dining and/or high volume experience
- NYC restaurant excperience (2+ Years)
- Able to stand for 5+ hours; able to walk/move/flex/reach/bend for full shifts
- Able to lift/carry 50+ lbs
- Ability to read, write & speak fluent English
- Culinary Degree
- ServSafe / Food Handlers Certification
SALARY: Competitive compensation package, discussed upon application, commensurate with experience
The Standards are a collection of boutique hotels in Los Angeles, Hollywood, New York, Miami Beach, London (and soon-to-be Maldives!) that offer guests a variety of hip accommodations and amenities.
Standard East Village Employer, LLC (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
More detail about The Standard, East Village, please visit
Associated topics: catering, chef, corporate, culinary, executive chef, executive kitchen, pastry chef, prep chef, salad chef, sushi
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...