Who we are...
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it's a private members club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it's our people who make that happen.
Converted warehouse in Manhattans Meatpacking District, 44 bedrooms of varying sizes, Drawing Room, Club Bar, Library, Pantry Bar, Restaurant, Screening Room, Rooftop with Swimming Pool, 44-seat Screening Room and Cowshed spa
Our team is made up of handy, organized, self-starters who enjoy working in a collaborative environment where no two days look the same. Responsible for championing a diverse portfolio of daily initiatives and projects from start to finish and big or small.
At Soho House the Housekeeping Assistant Manager is experienced a housekeeping professional with a keen eye for detail and customer service. Work in conjunction with the Housekeeping Manager to supervise housekeeping staff, inspecting guest rooms, training, coordinating and delegating tasks, and providing quality service to all guests who come to Soho House.
A successful Housekeeping Assistant Manager plays a role in liaising between departments, vendors and staff to ensure members and guest experience is always top-notch.
- Responsible for the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, concourses, seating areas, washrooms, restaurants, concession stands, suites, and all public spaces
- Supervise team management including but not limited to recruitment, on-boarding, training, payroll and disciplinary procedures. As well as staff performance, conducting appraisals and strategize with leadership to assess staff performance and development while maintaining professional relationships
- Work closely with Housekeeping Manager on the purchasing, re-ordering and maintaining housekeeping supplies and inventory
- Conduct pre-shift meetings, inspections of all rooms, concourses, clubs, seating areas and public areas
- Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses for all pre and post shifts
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct
- Determines and maintains the department work schedule used to notify staff of upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; plan for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment. Planning and organizing accommodation
- Coordinating guest and staff laundry services and ensures that charges are posted accurately and in a timely manner
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department. Adhere to health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker's comp procedures, and allergy procedures) is always followed as well as implement, monitor and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development
- Proven experience supervising housekeeping departments
- Ability to maintain a budget and proven excellence in customer service
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays (when applicable)
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
More detail about Soho House New York part of SoHo House North America, please visit