Cook - PT Evenings - Geisinger St. Luke's
Compensation: $25,540.00 - $36,750.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
Provides patients, visitors, and co-workers with outstanding customer service. Works directly with other Cooks in coordinating the total department menu and catering. Responsible for cooking the main dishes and assists in the preparation of foods, following recipes and standard practices and procedures. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PHYSICIAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Previews menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of meats, vegetables, soups to be obtained and prepared for patients, cafeteria and special functions.
- Plans and coordinates cooking schedules, through batch cooking, so that food will be at the peak of quality, and at proper temperature at required times.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks food to result in the highest customer satisfaction.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes. Ensures that all foods prepared meets existing standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance. Production for following days meals are prepped, label and communicated to Chef and or supervisor prior to end of shift.
- Ensures that all cooking equipment and utensils are inspected and maintained for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensures that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process by record keeping of HAACP log, production sheets, cooling logs and sanitation cleaning schedule and or list. Check with Chef or Supervisor that all HACCP logs and production are filled out correctly. What was prepped, served and remaining before end of shift.
- Works to assume more responsibility, increase knowledge, and become a more productive member of the Nutrition Services staff.
Frequent prolonged standing and walking for up to eight (8) hours per day, two (2) hours at a time, is required to perform duties. Handling, firm grasping, twisting and turning is frequent. Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 75 pounds. There is occasional stooping, bending and reaching above shoulder level. Must have the ability for touching as it relates to feeling, hearing as it relates to normal conversation and seeing as it relates to general vision.EDUCATION:
High school graduate or equivalent.TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years previous experience in large scale food preparation. Training in institutional food preparation.Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: cocinera, cocinera de la preparacion, cocinero de produccion, commercial kitchen, grill, lunch, prep cook, salad, steakhouse, stove
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...