- Perkins School for the Blind
- $30,910.00 -41,600.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
2 Barnard Ave
Food Service Cook Apply For This Job
Watertown, MAPosting Date:
Food Service Cook
10 paid vacation days. 4 paid personal days. 9 paid sick days. School breaks. Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. Retirement programs. $18,000 reimbursement package, which goes toward any continuing education expenses.
Perkins School for the Blind, located near Boston, was the first school for the blind chartered in the United States in 1829. For over 180 years, Perkins School for the Blind has provided quality educational and residential services to multi-impaired students who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind, empowering them to reach their maximum potential. Perkins School for the Blind embraces diversity in ability, thought, culture and belief. We provide equal education and employment opportunities and value the unique talents and contributions of all of our students and staff.
Under the direction of the manager and school nutritionist, Food Service Cook is responsible for preparing meals and snacks to achieve required taste and appearance in accordance with school standard preparation guidelines and recipes for students, clients and staff.
* Prepare meals and snacks to achieve required taste and appearance in accordance with school standard preparation guidelines and recipes for students, clients and staff; To prepare foods for special events as needed.
* Any alterations in school standard preparation guidelines and recipes must be approved in advance by the manager or school nutritionist.
* Order food and beverage quantities as needed and adjust or extend recipes to appropriate quantities; maintain food quality standards including appearance, taste and nutritional requirements. Order and prepare food for student/clients on special diets; Ensuring appropriate labels on all purees and food items.
* Arrange cooking schedule and storage of cooked items to assure proper temperature of hot foods at cottage serving time(s).
* Monitor food deliveries for accuracy and freshness and report discrepancies; Maintain records and documentation on daily food usage.
* Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
* Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils and appliances and store food supplies; in accordance with sanitation and safety regulations and procedures. of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, OSHA and ServSafe.
* To perform other related duties and task as assigned.
* High school diploma.
* Two years related experience in methods of cooking and preparing food in large quantities or equivalent combination of education and experience;
* Experience working with allergies preferred. Ability to get ServSafe certified within 12 months.
Benefits: We provide a complete benefits package (above), as LTD and Life insurance, retirement programs and staff development and training.
Perkins seeks to enhance its community of intellectually, culturally, and socially diverse individuals to enrich the educational experience of our students. Applicants from a multicultural background, are bilingual, and/or who have life experience are encouraged to apply.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Perkins School for the Blind does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin (including unlawful language proficiency requirements), age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, disability, and military service in treatment or employment at Perkins, admission or access to Perkins, or any other aspect of the educational programs and activities that Perkins operates.
Perkins is required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and their respective implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Parts 100, 104, 106 and 110, not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, or age. A
compendium of those regulations can be found at
The following person(s) have been designated to handle inquiries and complaints regarding discrimination:
Name and Title: Michele Crews, Director of Human Resources
Address: 175 North Beacon Street, Watertown, MA 02472
Telephone Number: (617) ###-####
E-mail Address: ...@perkins.org
Inquiries concerning the application of each of the federal statutes and their implementing regulations to Perkins may be referred to Ms. Crews or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights at (617) ###-#### or 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921.
Associated topics: appetizer, banquet, cocinero, cocinero de la preparacion, cook, cutter, line cook, maker, prep cook, stove
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...