McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a Flavor Processing Technician reporting to a Team Manager. This individual will work at the Brand Aromatics Plant located in Lakewood, NJ.
With more than $4 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better?
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
Under the direction of the Operations Team Manager and Crew Leader, the Processing Technician will weigh ingredients to be used in batch mixing systems. Will follow detailed procedures and complete time and temperature paperwork accurately to ensure safe, quality food. Monitors operations of mixing equipment through visual checks and sensory evaluation of key component systems. Assembles component pieces of equipment belonging to continuous and pre-mix systems and their auxiliary components. Obtains ad returns ingredients, moves trash or recyclables using a forklift, transporter or pallet jack. Performs equipment and department sanitation. Works with teams on \"Root Cause Analysis\" to identify process issues and improvement opportunities. Participates and receives training in a High Performance Operation (HPO) and work in a Total Productive Manufacturing environments. Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives and promotes a culture of safety.
* Able to detect color, taste or deviations in smell
* Able to lift or move up to 55 gallon containers regularly
* Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, labels, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide to include simple math and conversions
* Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist
* Experience following detailed procedures and completing accurate paperwork
* Flexible to support and train on all three shifts
* Experience adhering to and following company, plant, regulatory and customer standards
* Able to operate powered industrial equipment to include forklifts and pallet jacks
* Minimum of 1 year experience in a maintenance or manufacturing environment
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Bilingual, preferably Spanish/English
* Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and work experience in a food or pharmaceutical plant
* Sanitation experience in a USDA plant
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, forklift, lawn, management, prune, scanner, ship, transplant, watering