Backstage Team Lead, Full Time: Parks at Arlington (Canton)
Compensation: $31,610.00 - $46,930.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Lodging/Resort/Travel
Loading some great jobs for you...
Backstage Team Lead, Full Time: Parks at Arlington
Looking for a fulfilling and fun job thats integral to the success of one of Americas most historic brands? Then join Macys Retail Sales or Support teams! Join us and immediately become a part of what makes Macys special. Macys values you as an individual. We are committed to your personal growth and development as we work together to support an exceptional experience for our customer.
A Team Lead is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable, operating cash registers and mobile POS stations, executing proper product placement and flow, floor moves, replenishment, inventory, shortage control, stockroom organization, ensuring markdowns are taken in a timely and accurate manner, set-up and removal of signs as directed for promotional events or sales. A TeamLead is also responsible unloading and unpacking new merchandise when delivered, processing merchandise, andfloor recovery. As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for key areas within the store. In addition to other team memberresponsibilities, the team lead will assist customers in areas including cosmetics and jewelry. Performing other duties as necessary.
Macys uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macys may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they maypick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products with a focus in cosmetics and jewelry areas.
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Offer to put purchase on customers Macys charge account
- Reinforce customers selection and package merchandise with care
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible
- Maintain a positive attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macys commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Maintain department recovery standards, including fitting room go backs
- May be required to unpack merchandise from vendor boxes and remove merchandise from plastic bags and packaging
- Place sensors on goods according to MSS standards, hang or fold merchandise and place on racks to be taken to the selling floor
- Assist in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
- Mark correct price on merchandise based on price changes with respect to mark-ups and markdowns
- Execute set-up and removal of signs for the entire store timely and accurately
- Use RF scanning equipment to determine mark downs
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Follow shortage programs and procedures
- Perform the above noted functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Support the management team in driving a customer centric, fun and engaging culture
- Maintain high customer readiness standards, deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop environment
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- A minimum of 1 year of retail experience, off-price preferred
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as reports and manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and m ust have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to function as part of a team and collaborate with team members.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macys, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macys, Inc. including Macys and Bloomingdales will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9 .
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
Macys, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...