Catering Coordinator - Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Hospitality - Lodging/Resort/Travel
9778 Hillpointe Rd
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
As the largest smoke-free, non-gaming hotel in Las Vegas, the 548-room Renaissance is a fresh, welcoming alternative for business and leisure travelers. Sleek and stylish, the hotel delivers modern design and sophisticated details throughout their guest rooms, social venues and the signature restaurant, ENVY Steakhouse. The hotel offers exciting programming including 50-minute fitness classes, Kona Craft Beer, and an in-room amenity upon arrival, all complimentary to the guest.
The Sales/Catering Coordinator is responsible for clerical, administrative, marketing materials, and other duties to assist in the smooth operation of Sales/Catering. He/she is also responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests.
* Answer telephone and email messages. Respond accordingly.
* Open and distribute mail.
* Maintain and stay abreast of the latest computer programs/innovations (as applicable).
* Filing of all pertinent correspondence in a timely manner.
* Type all correspondence pertaining to department.
* Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies.
* Responsible for the smooth operation of the office.
* Type and distribute meeting minutes.
* Maintain trace file as needed.
* Prepare Banquet Event Orders (BEOS) as per client needs (Catering Only)
* Assist with daily operations of the Business Center as needed.
* Assist in copying/faxing/mailing.
* Greet guests/clients/employees when necessary.
* Attend meetings/training as required by management.
* High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* At least 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
* College course work in related field helpful.
* Computer knowledge/skills required.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.