- Downingtown Area School District
- $54,110.00 -77,570.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
29 Brier City Rd
As the Sous Chef, you will be the lead culinary person who is responsible for overseeing all of the culinary operations for this site.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food;
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality;
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus;
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen;
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Managing 75-80 union employees.
- Managing a volume of about 7,000 meals daily.
- Ideal candidates will possess two to three years of post high school education, preferably a culinary degree, and two to three years in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems. Requires oral, reading and written communication skills.
- Experiencing managing employees within a union environment.
- Knowledge of catering and/or banquets.
More detail about Downingtown Area School District, please visit
Associated topics: cafe, catering, chef, executive kitchen, kitchen, pantry, pastry chef, pizza chef, service manager, tavern
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...