Assistant Deli Manager- Hannaford
Compensation: $39,570.00 - $62,650.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Title: Assistant Deli Manager
Reports To: Deli Manager
Effectively assist in the management of department operations to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
* In the absence of the department manager, manage the department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
* Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers' expectations.
* Assist in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.
* Assist in hiring, training and developing associates to meet the department needs.
* Assist in managing performance through planning, coaching and disciplinary efforts.
* Ensure that department conditions involving department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
* Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates' personal needs.
* Actively recognize associates who deliver great service and coach associates to expectations when necessary.
* Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.
* Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
* Assist in communicating department and company policies to associates.
* Perform various department functions as needed to meet production and customer service guidelines.
* Assist in special projects.
* Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Receive, store, process and merchandise all products in accordance with established department guidelines.
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred. Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills. Must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills. Desire and ability to lead and manage a team. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Strong problem solving skills. Must meet minimum age requirements.
1.Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
2.Stand and walk 100% of the time.
3.Lift up to 15 lbs. frequently and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
4.Reach to shoulder lifting 20 lbs. frequently and overhead occasionally.
5.Push/pull 3-15 lbs. frequently and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
6.Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting items at or above waist level.
7.Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
8.Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use various appliances and tools to open and prepare products.
9.Handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
10.Meet volume activity standards established for the department.
Associated topics: back end, frontend, general manager, gm, grocery store manager, kitchen manager, night shift manager, restaurant general manager, restaurant leader, shift leader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...