- athenahealth, Inc.
- $74,300.00 -134,310.00/year*
2 Barnard Ave
We are looking for a SQL Database Administrator to join our Cloud Engineering team within our Infrastructure as a Service division. IaaS ensures the continuous availability of the technologies and systems that are the foundation of athenahealth's services. We are directly responsible for thousands of servers, petabytes of storage, and handling thousands of web requests per second, all while sustaining growth at a meteoric rate. We enable an operating system for the medical office that removes administrative complexity, leaving doctors free to practice medicine. But enough about us; let's talk about you.
You are an engineer with a passion for automating legacy infrastructure. Manual processes irk you, so you take the time upfront to develop a solution to make them simpler. You love working in a large environment so you can solve challenges that become more complex with scale. What's most important to you is learning new things- and you're seeking the best environment to enable that growth for yourself.
The Team:. We are a bunch of engineers who are passionate about reliability, automation, and scalability in a cloud-native environment. We use an agile-based framework to execute our work, ensuring we are always focused on the most important and impactful needs of the business. We support systems in both the private and public cloud, and make data-driven decisions based on which one best suits the needs of the business. We are relentless in automating manual, repetitive work so we can focus on projects that help move the business forward.
* Manage Microsoft SQL platforms and guide the vision of a highly automated database offering
* Employ creativity and critical thinking to design elegant solutions to complex problems
* Design and implement highly available products that scale to meet business demand
* 4 or more years of experience managing Microsoft SQL Server
* Proficiency in automating tasks using scripting languages such as T-SQL or PowerShell
* Experience using Azure cloud based resources and services
* Our Mission: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
* Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf? and food trucks that rotate every day.
* Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you've come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
* Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), tuition reimbursement, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few
Associated topics: data architect, data center, data engineer, data warehousing, database administrator, etl, mongo database administrator, sql, sybase, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...